Seals like O-rings are required in many industrial applications for sealing potential leak paths that will negatively impact a facility’s operation. Fortunately, Allied Metrics offers excellent quality O rings in our fully-equipped in-house facility. With our cutting-edge equipment, we can develop products that meet and exceed the expectation of our customers while following their project’s specifications and requirements.
One of our specialties is EPDM O rings. These seals are used for a broad spectrum of applications due to their outstanding mechanical properties, such as durability. It’s also one of the most popular O-rings due to its incredible resistance against ozone, heat, and weather.
What is EPDM?
An EPDM O ring is made from ethylene-propylene diene monomer [M-class] rubber, a type of synthetic terpolymer. Apart from its durability and resistance against numerous environmental factors, this pliable material is very flexible in low temperatures, which can be as low as -60°F/-51°C. It can also easily resist hot water and steam with temperatures up to 300°F/150°C.
EPDM also has good resistance against chemicals, such as alkalis, dilute solvents, and certain solvents. It’s also suitable for electrical applications due to its good electrical insulation properties.
The Common Applications of an EPDM O-ring
Due to EPDM being a versatile material, seals made from this rubber can be used in numerous industries for multiple challenging applications.
Some of these industries and their applications are as follows:
- Automotive manufacturing: This O ring is used in the automotive industry as sealing gaskets, fuel fittings, and hose connections.
- Aerospace manufacturing: Because of its reliable resistance to chemicals and its ability to withstand extreme temperatures, it’s an ideal material for aerospace.
- Food industry: The high-temperature resistance of EPDM O rings them suitable for food processing applications that involve extreme temperatures.
- Medical devices: These are used in respiratory equipment, pumps, drug-delivering devices, and more.
- Household appliances: Numerous household appliances rely on this type of O ring. These include washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and air conditioners.
- Water and wastewater systems: EPDM O rings are used in water and wastewater systems to ensure they’re properly sealed.
Its superior properties have become one of the most popular choices. It’s long-lasting and can withstand demanding and stressful conditions, making it a top choice for many industries.
Custom Configuration at Allied Metrics
We can develop high-quality O rings at Allied Metrics that meet our customers’ specifications. Custom configuration is available for applications where it must meet specific requirements.
We can provide custom sizes, shapes, and compositions for any application needing a sealing solution. We also offer an array of colors for EPDM O rings, making them suitable for applications that require color coding.
Our team of engineers can assist you in choosing the suitable configuration and color for outcomes that are second to none.
O Ring Kits for Maintenance Purposes
We have over ten O-ring kits with different sizes and configurations. These kits are perfect for customers who need a reliable maintenance solution while eliminating the guesswork. Our O ring kit already includes EPDM O Rings and other types made with various materials to ensure you have what you need for a particular application.
Get Your EPDM O-Rings at Allied Metrics
We’re experienced in developing and designing O rings and other types of seals and fasteners for our customers looking for high-quality products for their projects. With our background in every industry, we can deliver what you need without errors.
If you have any questions or concerns about our products, feel free to contact us today. You may also request a quote, and we can create a solution for your problems to help you achieve project success.